It’s National Egg Week, so we’ve put together an absolutely cracking Eggs Benedict recipe from our #BoozyBloggersBrunch for you to try at home! Great with salmon or bacon, these eggs are fantastic for a brunch with friends, and are perfect for those sleepy Sunday’s, when all you fancy is a bit of breakfast in bed!
Constructing that bad boy…
- Perfectly buttered Warburtons muffin
- Forman & Field’s smoked salmon or Denhay Bacon (Or one of each!)
- A perfectly poached Clarence Court egg
- Some delicious Hollandaise Sauce made with Clarence Court, Belazu Chardonnay Vinegar and drizzled with some Truffle Hunter Black Truffle Oil
- Wash it all down with the perfect Bloody Mary, courtesy of Big Tom and Absolut Vodka!
2 x Clarence Court Burford Brown Eggs
Water up to boil in deep pan
Crack the egg into a small ramekin
Swirl the water using a whisk to create a vortex
Turn the temperature of the pan down until there are no bubbles rising from the middle
Create another vortex in the water using the whisk
Let the water slow down until the vortex is almost flat
Drop the full egg straight into the centre of the vortex from the ramekin
Once the egg turned has white (but not completely set), turn the temperature up to a simmer
When the egg white has set, lift out it out of the pan with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel
1 Clarence Court egg yolk
1 cap Belazu Chardonnay vinegar
Place the egg yolk and vinegar in a glass bowl over a Bain Marie and whisk until the yolks thicken and get to a creamy and light consistency. Gradually whisk in the butter a cube at a time until all combined.
Season to taste.
N.B. If doubling the quantity add the 2nd cap of vinegar to taste at the end
* To take this Hollandaise to the next level, drizzle in a cap of Truffle Hunters’ truffle oil to taste at the end
Love this recipe? Share your creations with us by tagging us on Instagram.