All students who attend the Intermediate Cookery Course will have had a basic ground knowledge either from The Avenue’s Really Useful Course or from experience gained elsewhere.
On the first day of the Intermediate Cookery Course you will have a thorough recap on knife skills and other important tips and skills that will be a help for you and your future in cooking.
Each day on this course you will cook new inspired recipes that will increase your cooking repertoire and take your confidence in the kitchen to the next level.
At The Avenue we teach students to have the confidence and understanding in food to enable you to work without a cookbook, but rather to use them for new ideas. We are very flexible at The Avenue so any gaps in knowledge can be easily filled.
For those wanting to complete this week as their Chalet Host Course, you will cover hosting skills, menu planning and how to clean properly on the Monday at 5pm. You will receive an Avenue Chalet Host Bible and the means to complete your Food Safety Level 2 and we will also help you find a job for your season with one of our many Ski Company affiliates.
Take note ‘Avenue Amigos’ – don’t forget to recommend friends for 5% off your next class, just get them to mention your name on booking.
If you want to buy a class as a present but can’t think of a specific date then you can buy a voucher that is redeemable for 1 year here.
Want to hold a spot on one of these courses? You can pay a deposit today & pay later! Get in touch with Sophie.
2018 courses – Book now and receive a 15% discount! Get in touch here.
What We Offer
- Excellent teaching
- Professional advice
- Very busy cooking programme
- An opportunity to boost your kitchen confidence
- Intermediate Cookery Course Avenue certificate
- The Avenue Chalet Bible (Chalet Hosts only)
- Food Safety Level 2 Certificate (Chalet Hosts only)
- Help in finding a job (Chalet Hosts only)
- The Avenue Cookbook
- The Avenue apron
- All facilities, equipment and ingredients are included.
- Knife skills
- Variations of bread making, including Diana’s famous bread
- Elaborate cake making
- Making your own soft drinks
- Food presentation
- Boning meat and handling fish
- Preparing and cooking a variety of vegetables
- Learning to cook international foods and different techniques
- Canapé making
Mondays – Thursday 9am – 4pm (lunch included)
Fridays 9am – 4pm (breakfast and lunch included)
N.B. Monday finishes at 6:30pm for those doing Chalet Hosting
Terms & Conditions Apply
Please contact Sophie for further details