Once again, here we go in traditional Avenue style, we’re delving into the weird and wonderful world of our Avenue Mum, Diana! 🤪
1) What would you describe as your perfect meal, including starter, main, and dessert?
Hmm, it’s very difficult to choose just specific dishes as I love everything!! So I’m going to give you the flavours I love instead…
Some sort of delicious crabby starter, hot or cold. Either way, it’s delicious 🦀
Main… I’d have to say something spicy as I love dishes that use chill, ginger, lemongrass, limes, kaffir lime leaves… basically, anything Thai!
And for pudding… I love creamy, seriously naughty puddings such as Tiramisu (which you can find on our Italian Class) or Apple Crumble & Custard… they’re a dream come true! (If that’s got your sweet-tooth tingling, why not check out our indulgent Proper Puddings Class here).
2) Although we’re a quarter of the way through, what are you looking forward to most in 2022?
Seeing more of my grandkids Aily, Otis and Teelia growing up and teaching them about food and sport!
3) What is one food in particular that you cannot stand and why?
Liver …. I have tried to eat it many times with masses of caramelised onions to disguise the taste but unless I cook it myself I find that people tend to overcook it and it’s pretty nasty!
4) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you choose and why?
If you class it as a food, then cream, as you can make so many different dishes from it that you could vary throughout your life! Possibly wouldn’t live very long as it’s quite unhealthy… 🤣
5) If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?
1 – My family to be heathy and happy… is that one or two?! (We’ll give you that as one)!
2 – That we teach lots of people how easy, fun and beneficial cooking healthy and delicious food is.
3 – Produce little to no waste so we help to look after the planet!
6) What is something that’s on your bucket list?
I’d like to take the family to New Zealand and Asia! A holiday full of wild adventures and tasting delicious food! (Can we ALL come, please?!)
7) What is a dish that you’re most impressed/proud of to have made?
A patterned ice cream using liquorice, vanilla, sherbet, coconut, rhubarb and raspberry flavoured ice cream! As you can imagine, it took me ages to make! (We’d love to see some pictures of this! Perhaps it’ll be a good addition to our Ice Cream Class?)
8) Where is your favourite place in the world that you’ve visited?
Bariloche in South America! (Seems like the perfect place for those winter sports you love D)!
9) If you had to describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be and why?
Enthusiastic, fun and hard working. Life without enthusiasm would be very dull, so I aim to be as enthusiastic as possible! Everyone wants to have fun, work hard, play hard you know, and I love teaching which is a lot of hard work but highly rewarding!
10) If you had to choose, would you rather give up cheese or chocolate forever?
Chocolate! You can create more interesting dishes with cheese and there is more of a variety than chocolate! (Can’t disagree with you there Diana… we’ve all got a soft spot for cheese 🧀)
And there we have it – another Birthday Blog from Diana! Happy Birthday you lovely lady, enjoy being spoilt rotten! 💚