The 2-Week Chef/Host Cooking Course is designed for those wishing to obtain a job where they will be hosting and/or cooking; be it for families as a nanny, for company villas, Scotland lodges or maybe for simply learning how to make hosting your friends and family that much easier!
The course covers all aspects, including cooking, hosting skills, budgeting, shopping, menu planning and cleaning. You will leave with a confidence in the kitchen you didn’t think possible in just 2-weeks!
With years of experience in the industry, not just working as hosts but also successfully running our popular Host Cooking Courses since 2004, we really know our stuff and you get decades of knowledge and experience in a condensed intensive and fun course. We are very aware of the demands of these jobs as well as the fabulous opportunities and fun there is to be had with this type of work so we will prepare you in the most professional, effective and exciting way to ensure that you have confidence in the kitchen and other necessary areas so you can complete your job to the best of your ability with minimal stress.
Every day will begin with a demonstration of the morning’s menu, which will include your delicious lunch. You will then get hands-on, cooking for the rest of the morning before sitting and enjoying you lunch.
After lunch you will have an afternoon demonstration followed by more hands-on cooking – what better way to learn than to get your hands dirty!
Each day’s layout is the same but of course, offering different recipes so you will leave with a huge repertoire of culinary delights to ‘WOW’ your guests.
At the end of the course you will be awarded an acknowledged Avenue Chef / Host Cooking Course Certificate – exciting things are awaiting you, trust us! Think of The Avenue Host Cooking Course Certificate as your passport to literally anywhere!
Aside from the cooking, our experience in the industry gives us the ability to help you with tips in writing your CV and cover letter as well as checking it over for you before applying for roles. We help as much as we can but don’t forget the hard work you put in and securing a job is down to you!
If you have already mastered the basics of cooking, you can join straight into week 2 for our 1 week Intermediate Cookery Course for Hosts (see here) to just spruce up your already obtained skills. If you aren’t sure if you have enough experience get in touch and we can figure out which course is best for you.
If you want to take the full 2-week course but you can’t do 2 consecutive weeks, we can take split bookings for different weeks, again just get in touch.
*Not currently running due to covid.
To see more details about the course including the menu plan please click here.
What We Offer
- Deposit option – if booking more than 1 month in advance get in touch for more details
- A fun, sociable, flexible and informative 10-day course
- Intensive daily cooking programme
- All equipment and food provided
- Interesting demonstrations
- Fun, warm and professional teaching
- Useful tips and tricks of the trade
- Tips on organisation and prepping your dishes ahead of time
- Hands-on cooking
- Mind-blowingly delicious recipes
- Delicious lunches
- Well-structured course
- Tips for hosting, cooking and cleaning
- Wine tasting and origins of alcohol talk
- Ingredients, aprons and equipment provided
- The Avenue Cookbook
- The Avenue apron
- Chef/Host Cooking Course Avenue certificate
- The Avenue Host Bible
- Food Safety Level 2 Certificate
- CV check
- Accommodation as an extra for those that need (see details below)
- Advanced knife skills
- Variations of baking
- Boning meat and handling fish
- Preparing and cooking a variety of vegetables
- Learning to cook international foods and different techniques
- Canapé making
- Rectifying dishes
- Catering for dietary requirements
- Variety of intermediate cooking skills and techniques
- Food presentation
- Knowledge of new intermediate recipes
- Avoiding waste and cooking with leftovers
- Time management
- Having fun while cooking!
- Anything extra that anyone wants to know, the list grows!
Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm (lunch included)
Friday 9am – 4pm (breakfast and lunch included)
N.B. One agreed evening will cover hosting skills
Catered for Allergies: Vegetarian, LF and GF dietary requirements can be catered for on request, but time restraints mean meal alternatives will not be covered in the demonstrations
Accommodation: For students who book accommodation, you will be staying at a family run B&B that we have worked closely with for years.
Rooms will be separate male or female shared rooms. A guaranteed private room can be arranged at an extra cost, just contact us on email@example.com for details.
For those who live further afield there is an option to arrive on Sundays or stay the full 2-weeks but if you need longer let us know.
Breakfast & dinner will be provided every morning and evening from Monday. If you are staying Sunday night you will need to eat before you arrive.
‘Avenue Amigos’ – Get a ‘stamp’ for each class you book, each review you leave and for each friend you recommend. 10 stamps = a free class!
Terms & Conditions Apply
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries