Our Uni Cookery Course specialises in teaching the foundations of cooking to university students, who are leaving home and are in dire need of learning this invaluable life skill, so they don’t live off Pot Noodles for the next three years!
The Off to Uni Cookery Course has been designed to guide beginners through 5 days of well planned, traditional recipes and techniques. We offer hands-on cooking while dishing out plenty of help and support throughout. An emphasis is made on affordable eating, which is essential for those who will be budgeting at university and will provide a wonderful start to an independent lifestyle. We will be with you every step of the way and by the end of this 5-day intensive, informative, extremely fun and sociable course, you will have transformed from a cooking novice to cooking with confidence – in just one week and we guarantee you’ll have fun doing it!
Each day has 2 demonstrations, guiding you to what you will be cooking throughout the morning and afternoon. Every day you will cook your own 2-course lunch plus lots more!
This course is a great life learning present from family or friends who want their loved ones to learn some nutritious and delicious recipes and techniques before they leave the roost. See the menu plan here from page 8-12.
Having completed this course, you can follow it with our equally as popular Intermediate Cookery Course (see here).
What We Offer
- Deposit option – if booking more than 1 month in advance get in touch for more details
- A fun, sociable, flexible and informative 5-day course
- Intensive daily cooking programme
- All equipment and food provided
- Interesting demonstrations
- Cooking without a cookbook
- Fun, warm and professional teaching
- Useful tips and tricks of the trade
- Tips on organisation and prepping your dishes ahead of time
- Hands-on cooking
- Budgeting and cooking with leftovers
- Mind-blowingly delicious recipes
- Delicious lunches
- Wine tasting and origins of alcohol talk
- Well-structured course
- Ingredients, aprons and equipment provided
- The Avenue Cookbook
- The Avenue apron
- Off to Uni Course Avenue certificate
- Accommodation as an extra for those that need (see details below)
- Knife skills
- Variations of baking
- Preparing and cooking a variety of vegetables
- An understanding of ingredients and cooking them
- Rectifying dishes
- Adapting recipes
- Variety of transferable cooking skills and techniques
- Cooking with confidence and without a recipe book
- Food presentation
- Knowledge of transferable skills and recipes
- Avoiding waste and cooking with leftovers
- Time management
- Kitchen hygiene
- Kitchen organisation
- Quick cooking
- Having fun while cooking!
- Anything extra that anyone wants to know, the list grows!
Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm (lunch included)
Friday 9am – 4pm (breakfast and lunch included)
Catered for Allergies: Vegetarian, LF and GF dietary requirements can be catered for on request, but time restraints mean meal alternatives will not be covered in the demonstrations
Accommodation: For students who book accommodation, you will be staying at a family run B&B that we have worked closely with for years.
Rooms will be separate male or female shared rooms. A guaranteed private room can be arranged at an extra cost, just contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
For those who live further afield there is an option of 5 nights’ accommodation, enabling you to arrive on the Sunday evening but if you need longer let us know.
Breakfast & dinner will be provided every morning and evening from Monday. If you are staying Sunday night you will need to eat before you arrive.
‘Avenue Amigos’ – Get a ‘stamp’ for each class you book, each review you leave and for each friend you recommend. 10 stamps = a free class!
Terms & Conditions Apply
Please contact us on email@example.com with any queries