Our Vegan Basic Cooking Days are perfect for those who want to learn some basic vegan culinary skills but can’t make our full week-long Vegan Course (see here).
Our knowledgeable chefs will guide you through the steps to making a fantastic 2 course vegan lunch, as well as lots of other tasty vegan dishes that will also teach you those essential every-day kitchen skills. We promise you will walk out the door with a newfound kitchen confidence in not just vegan food but cookery in general.
Each day begins with a demonstration where the chef guides you through how to prepare the dishes you will be making for the first part of the day. Following the demonstration, you will then take to your stations and get cooking. Our chefs will be on hand throughout the day to keep slipping you handy tips and helping where needed.
You will get to sit down for your lunch at around 2pm and then after lunch you will sit down for the afternoon demonstration, followed by more cooking! The week is structured for participants to progress from Monday through to Friday, so we ask you to join the Monday and work your way through the week to avoid being left behind. Each day covers new skills and new dishes, so if you really love the first day, why not join the rest of the week?!
What We Offer
- A fun and informative 8-hour day
- All equipment and food provided
- Interesting demonstrations
- Fun, warm and professional teaching
- Useful tips and tricks of the trade
- Tips on organisation and prepping your dishes ahead of time
- Hands-on cooking
- Mind-blowingly delicious recipes
- Delicious lunch
- Recipe booklets emailed to you after your class
- Well-structured course
- Ingredients, aprons and equipment provided
- Knife skills
- Preparation and organisational skills
- Tips and techniques
- Flavour balance
- Excellent range of vegan cooking skills
- Knowledge of new vegan recipes
- Learning to cook without a recipe book
- Using egg and dairy alternatives
- Knowledge of different uses of nuts, pulses, grains, tofu, miso, seitan and tempeh
- Avoiding waste and cooking with leftovers
- Time management
- Having fun while cooking!
- Anything extra that anyone wants to know, the list grows!
Catered for Allergies: Those keeping to a GF diet can be catered for on request. N.B. In order to cater for GF, with the odd dish it will be a matter of solely removing the gluten aspect rather than an alternative being provided
‘Avenue Amigos’ – Get a ‘stamp’ for each class you book, each review you leave and for each friend you recommend. 10 stamps = a free class!
Gift Voucher – If you choose to buy a voucher see more info here.
Terms & Conditions Apply
Please contact us on email@example.com with any queries