This intensive and fun Yacht Host Course is perfect for anyone looking to complete a yacht season as a host or as an on-board cook. We will teach you a huge range of delicious dishes as well as giving you some useful hosting tips that will be invaluable when out at sea. Our experienced chefs are full of tips and tricks for what we like to call yacht-keeping (housekeeping, just at sea).
Starting with the basics all the way to dinner party food, we will teach you how to cook without a cookbook so you can transfer your skills to other recipes and create things from scratch. We will give you the opportunity to embark on your cooking journey with delicious recipes, including those for dietary requirements, and time saving techniques – just being able to save a couple of minutes on each task will really add up and make your time as a host that much easier and smooth sailing.
Every morning will start with a demonstration from our knowledgeable chefs, equipping you with the knowledge of what you will be cooking that morning. Having made and eaten your own lunch, you will then sit down for the second demonstration of the day, providing you with insight for your afternoon cook.
Each day you will learn new skills and cook different recipes, whilst mastering useful basic and then intermediate kitchen skills. From breakfasts and light lunches to sophisticated suppers all the way to kitchen organisation and hosting – you won’t believe your new found confidence in the kitchen to cook and prepare with ease. You will be able to overcome the storms that season life can throw at you so you can spend more time doing the fun stuff!
While we will help with everything that we possibly can, including having a look over your CV before applying for jobs, giving you the best chance of you bagging your dream yacht hosting job, nailing that job will boil down to you. Hard work and elbow grease will definitely be worth it when you are sat on deck watching the sunset over the crystal clear waters and silently (or not so silently, we don’t mind!) thanking The Avenue for giving you the tools you needed to achieve this wonderful job.
If you have already mastered the basics of cooking, you can join straight into week 2 for our 1 week Intermediate Cookery Course for Hosts (see here) to just spruce up your already obtained skills. If you aren’t sure if you have enough experience get in touch and we can figure out which course is best for you.
If you want to take the full 2-week course but you can’t do 2 consecutive weeks, we can take split bookings for different weeks, again just get in touch.
To see more details about the course including the menu plan please click here.
What We Offer
- Deposit option – if booking more than 1 month in advance get in touch for more details
- A fun, sociable, flexible and informative 10-day course
- Intensive daily cooking programme
- All equipment and food provided
- Interesting demonstrations
- Fun, warm and professional teaching
- Useful tips and tricks of the trade
- Tips on organisation and prepping your dishes ahead of time
- Hands-on cooking
- Mind-blowingly delicious recipes
- Delicious lunches
- Well-structured course
- Tips for hosting, cooking and cleaning
- Wine tasting and origins of alcohol talk
- Ingredients, aprons and equipment provided
- The Avenue Cookbook
- The Avenue apron
- Yacht Host Cooking Course Avenue certificate
- The Avenue Host Bible
- Food Safety Level 2 Certificate
- CV check
- Shared or private accommodation as an extra for those that need (see details here)
- Advanced knife skills
- Variations of baking
- Boning meat and handling fish
- Preparing and cooking a variety of vegetables
- Learning to cook international foods and different techniques
- Canapé making
- Rectifying dishes
- Catering for dietary requirements
- Variety of intermediate cooking skills and techniques
- Food presentation
- Knowledge of new intermediate recipes
- Avoiding waste and cooking with leftovers
- Time management
- Having fun while cooking!
- Anything extra that anyone wants to know, the list grows!
Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm (lunch included)
Friday 9am – 4pm (breakfast and lunch included)
N.B. One afternoon on the 2nd week will cover hosting skills
Catered for Allergies: Vegetarian, LF and GF dietary requirements can be catered for on request, but time restraints mean meal alternatives will not be covered in the demonstrations
Accommodation: For students who are looking for shared (default option) or private accommodation please see here.
Insurance – Consider adding our Avenue Cancellation Cover, to read more please click here.
‘Avenue Amigos’ – Get a ‘stamp’ for each class you book, each review you leave and for each friend you recommend. 10 stamps = a free class!
Terms & Conditions Apply
If a date is showing fully booked, doesn’t have the number of spots you require or you have any queries please get in touch on email@example.com as we may be able to accommodate you and if not we can add you to the waiting list.
There are no reviews yet.