Our Vegan Basic Cooking Days are perfect for those who want to learn some basic vegan culinary skills. Our knowledgeable chefs will guide you through the steps to making a fantastic 2 course vegan lunch, as well as lots of other handy, tasty dishes! These days promise you will walk out the door with a new found kitchen confidence in not just vegan food but cookery in general.
The Vegan Basic Cooking Days are part of the week long Vegan Cooking course, but for those that don’t have time to join the whole week! The week is structured for participants to progress from Monday-Friday so we would recommend you join on the Monday to avoid being left behind!
The class begins with a demonstration where the chef guides you through how to prepare the dishes you will be making that day. Following the demonstration, you will then take to your stations and get cooking. But do not fear, our chefs will be on hand throughout the day to keep slipping you handy tips and helping where needed!
Each day covers new skills and new dishes, so if you really love the first day, why not stay and join the rest of the week?!
Fancy the idea of hosting a dinner party? Well on the Thursday evening you will have the chance to prepare and host a dinner party for your family and friends, demonstrating your new found vegan cooking skills.
Get a ‘stamp’ for each class you book and for each friend you recommend. 10 stamps = a free class!
If you want to buy a class as a present but can’t think of a specific date then you can buy a voucher that is redeemable for 1 year here.
What We Offer
- Demonstrations to help you get to grips of new vegan cooking skills
- Fun, warm and professional teaching – check out The Avenue Cookery School Video!
- Hands-on structured classes
- Recipe booklet to take home
- A maximum of 20 students on each course
- Hosting tips
- Ingredients, aprons and equipment provided
- Discounted rate on our Avenue Cookbook or recipe sheet to take home
- Knife skills
- Excellent range of vegan cooking skills
- Knowledge of new vegan recipes
- Learning to cook without a recipe
- Using egg and dairy alternatives
- Knowledge of different uses of nuts, pulses, grains, tofu, miso, seitan and tempeh
- Cooking with leftovers
- Avoiding waste
- Kitchen cleanliness & hygiene
- Time management
- Anything extra that anyone wants to know, the list grows!
9am – 5pm (lunch included)
Thursday plus evening class 9am-9pm (lunch and supper included plus invite a friend or 2 for dinner!)
Terms & Conditions Apply
Please contact Sophie with any queries