Our Vegan Basic Cooking Days are perfect for those who want to learn some basic vegan culinary skills. Our knowledgeable chefs will guide you through the steps to making a fantastic 2 course vegan lunch, as well as lots of other handy, tasty dishes. These days promise you will walk out the door with a new found kitchen confidence in not just vegan food but cookery in general.
The Vegan Basic Cooking Days are part of our week-long Vegan Cooking Course but for those that don’t have time to join the whole week! (Click here for more details on the full week).
Each day begins with a demonstration where the chef guides you through how to prepare the dishes you will be making for the first part of the day. Following the demonstration, you will then take to your stations and get cooking. Our chefs will be on hand throughout the day to keep slipping you handy tips and helping where needed!
You will get to sit down for lunch at around 2pm and then after lunch you will sit down for another demonstration followed by more coooking! Each day covers new skills and new dishes, so if you really love the first day, why not stay and join the rest of the week?!
Fancy the idea of hosting a dinner party? Well on the Thursday evening you will have the chance to prepare and host a dinner party for your family and friends, demonstrating your new found vegan cooking skills. Everyone will get to invite a couple of guests who you will host with the rest of the group.
What We Offer
- Demonstrations to help you understand new techniques
- Hands-on cooking get to grips with new vegan cooking skills
- Fun, warm and professional teaching
- Well structured course
- Recipe card emailed to you after the course
- A maximum of 20 students on each course
- Dinner Party and hosting tips
- Ingredients, aprons and equipment provided
- Knife skills
- Excellent range of vegan cooking skills
- Knowledge of new vegan recipes
- Learning to cook without a recipe book
- Using egg and dairy alternatives
- Knowledge of different uses of nuts, pulses, grains, tofu, miso, seitan and tempeh
- Avoiding waste and cooking with leftovers
- Time management
- Anything extra that anyone wants to know, the list grows!
Daily 9am – 5pm (lunch included)
Thursday + evening class 9am-9pm (lunch and supper included plus invite a friend or 2 for dinner!)
Address – The Avenue Cookery School, 3 Enterprise Way, Wandsworth, SW18 1FZ
‘Avenue Amigos’ – Get a ‘stamp’ for each class you book and for each friend you recommend. 10 stamps = a free class!
Gift idea – If you want to buy a class as a present but can’t think of a specific date then you can buy a voucher that is redeemable for 1 year here.
Terms & Conditions Apply
Please contact Sophie with any queries