The Really Useful Course is for those looking to be taught professionally in order to gain the correct basic foundations of cooking making your time in the kitchen easy and more enjoyable. This course has been designed to guide inexperienced cooks through a week of well planned, transferable recipes and techniques. We offer hands-on cooking with plenty of help and support, specialising in teaching a true understanding of cookery, so you won’t need to be relying on a cookbook in order to cook for yourself and others. By the end of this 5-day intensive programme you will have progressed from a tentative cook to a confident one. You will be surprised how much you will learn!
Each day has 2 demonstrations, both in the morning and the beginning of the afternoon, getting you ready for your hands-on cooking. You will be cooking everything you eat! See the menu plan here from page 7-12.
Having completed this course you can follow it with our equally as popular Intermediate Cookery Course (see here).
What We Offer
- Deposit option – if booking more than 1 month in advance get in touch for more details
- A fun, sociable, flexible and informative 5-day course
- Intensive daily cooking programme
- All equipment and food provided
- Interesting demonstrations
- Cooking without a cookbook
- Fun, warm and professional teaching
- Useful tips and tricks of the trade
- Budgeting and cooking with leftovers
- Tips on organisation and prepping your dishes ahead of time
- Hands-on cooking
- Mind-blowingly delicious recipes
- Delicious lunches
- Wine tasting and origins of alcohol talk
- Well-structured course
- Ingredients, aprons and equipment provided
- The Avenue Cookbook
- The Avenue apron
- The Really Useful Course Avenue certificate
- Accommodation as an extra for those that need (see details here)
- Knife skills
- Variations of baking
- Preparing and cooking a variety of vegetables
- An understanding of ingredients and cooking them
- Rectifying dishes
- Variety of transferable cooking skills and techniques
- Cooking without a recipe book
- Food presentation
- Knowledge of transferable skills and recipes
- Avoiding waste and cooking with leftovers
- Time management
- Kitchen hygiene
- Kitchen organisation
- Quick cooking
- Having fun while cooking!
- Anything extra that anyone wants to know, the list grows!
Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm (lunch included)
Friday 9am – 4pm (breakfast and lunch included)
Catered for Allergies: Vegetarian, LF and GF dietary requirements can be catered for on request, but time restraints mean meal alternatives will not be covered in the demonstrations
Accommodation: For students who are looking for accommodation please see here.
‘Avenue Amigos’ – Get a ‘stamp’ for each class you book, each review you leave and for each friend you recommend. 10 stamps = a free class!
Terms & Conditions Apply
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries